Get ready f or a deep dive into the world of swine health and nutrition as the APC Swine Trends Podcast proudly presents Episode #8 featuring the esteemed Dr. Eric Weaver from South Dakota State University. Hosted by Dr. Joe Crenshaw from the APC team, this episode promises a great conversation f or pig farmers and swine enthusiasts alike.
In this episode, Dr. Weaver shares invaluable insights on the nexus of animal nutrition and immunity, unraveling the potential f or growth and genetic advancements in the swine industry. The podcast delves into critical challenges such as maternal antibodies and the intricacies of managing pig immunity post-weaning.
One of the key takeaways from Dr. Weaver’s expertise is the first two weeks of a pig’s life present a golden opportunity to make a slightly larger investment in feed. As he puts it, “That’s when we have the opportunity to keep the pig’s immune system balanced.” This strategic approach to early nutrition sets the stage for healthier, stress-free pigs in the long run.
Discover the power of high-quality early nutrition, the art of immune management, and the importance of timely vaccination in shaping the future of swine health. Dr. Weaver’s wealth of knowledge enlightens, educates, and empowers listeners, providing them with the tools to navigate the dynamic pig farming.
Eric Weaver, currently an Assistant Professor at South Dakota University, is a visionary with over two decades of experience in research, product development, and regulatory expertise across various domains of human and animal health, nutrition, and life sciences. With more than 15 years of focused dedication to research and innovation in animal health, nutrition, food, therapeutic nutrition, and dietary supplements, Eric has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to improving lives at every level. From the foundations of basic science, through pre-clinical and clinical research, to the commercial success of groundbreaking technologies, he has left a mark on the field.
Eric Weaver’s contributions extend beyond academia, as he is a member of several prestigious organizations such as ASAS, ASN, ASPEN, AGA, IAS, and IFM. His extensive expertise encompasses a wide range of specialties, including Ingredient Sales and Marketing, Nutrition, Immunology, Gastroenterology, Life Sciences, Immunonutrition, Dietary Supplements, Medical Foods, Raw materials, and Proteins.
Don’t miss out on the latest trends and research in swine health and nutrition. Tune in to Episode #8 of the APC Swine Trends Podcast f or an engaging conversation that promises to redefine the way you approach swine farming
If you are a new listener of Swine Trends, an APC podcast, there are six other episodes you’ll want to hear!
• Episode one features Joseph Kerns discussing hog market trends, feeding cost updates and COVID-19 challenges.
• Episode two features Dr. Jeffrey Knott sharing cool strategies f or sweltering sows.
• Episode three f eatures Dr. Elise Toohill speaking about a hot topic: post-weaning E. coli challenge.
• Episode four features Trey Kellner discussing strategies for getting your pigs started on feed .
• Episode five features Dr. Rosero diving into considerations to making sows more prolific, the biggest challenges f aced by sow managers and tips f or improving sow herd productivity.
• Episode six features Dr. Martin Mohr discussing the major issues related to swine mortality, as well as strategies to reduce and control the issue.
• Episode seven features Dave Chamberlin discusses a topic that helps all producers: cutting costs without cutting corners.
Join these discussions with swine experts by listening to Swine Trends on Apple Podcast, Spotify and other podcast platforms.