United States and Canadian Hog Inventory Down 1 Percent

82

United States and Canadian inventory of all hogs and pigs for June 2022 was 86.5 million head. This was down 1 percent from June 2021 and down 6 percent from June 2020. The breeding inventory, at 7.42 million head, was down 1 percent from last year and down 3 percent from 2020. Market hog inventory, at 79.0 million head, was down 1 percent
from last year and down 6 percent from 2020. The semiannual pig crop, at 79.7 million head, was down 1 percent from 2021 and down 5 percent from 2020. Sows farrowing during this period totaled 7.15 million head, down 1 percent from last year and down 6 percent from 2020.

Download the complete report