About the Guest
Matthew Wilkin is a pork producer and the owner of White Syke farm, a 2,000 sow family farm in Yorkshire, UK. He is also the inventor and co-founder of FARROPEN, which is a company that manufactures and distributes unique 360-degree farrowing pens. On White Syke Farm all of the sows are loose housed and farrowed in these 360-degree free farrowing pens designed and built in-house.
What can you learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- Matthew Wilkin’s background and role in the swine industry
- The history of loose housing and free farrowing in the UK
- The benefits and challenges of loose housing and free farrowing
- The reason Farropen was invented and what makes it different
- Accounting for government regulations when making future business decisions
- Matthew Wilkin’s “golden nugget”
For more information visit farropen.co.uk