About the Guest
Canadian small business owner and professional consultant Andreas Funk has over 25 years of experience working with livestock farmers to increase livestock operation productivity. Andreas built his reputation in water treatment; with a focus on the animal’s water diet. From understanding the needs on-farm to analyzing problematic areas, Andreas’s knowledge, service, and support have demonstrated the impact of a genuine passion for farming and the importance of fresh insight on livestock farms for application and practice.
What can you learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- The role of genetic companies in the search for “center of the plate” relevance.
- Nutritionists can be both the producers’ and consumers’ best friends.
- Animal welfare wins the day (producer responsibility: foot to fork)
- Will we see a return to emphasizing quality over quantity?
- Industry collaboration or quite frankly……the lack of it.
- Will packers ever pay for quality and should they?
- Are consumers willing to play an active role in their eating expertise (educating themselves on quality/cookery)?