About the Guest
Robert Drew has well over 3 decades of experience that he brings with him to MAXIMUM AG in both Outdoor and Indoor sow production on a large scale. Along with establishing on-farm Quality Management Programs and Independent Consulting roles, Drew’s knowledge of group housing is a great addition for MAXIMUM AG and its customers. His first exposure to ESF technology was more than 30 years ago in the UK. More recently he has worked with many of the other group feeding systems in the US as the industry started to adapt to the European way of thinking.
What can you learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- How Robert Drew became involved with the swine industry.
- The Origins of Electronic Sow Feeding (ESF).
- How ESP became so popular.
- The differences and benefits of front exit and back exit stalls.
- A Summary of Prop 12.
- The role that ESF can play in helping with Prop 12 compliance.
- Robert Drew’s “Golden Chop”