Dr. Seth Krantz graduated from vet school at the University of Tennessee in 2010. Since then he has spent 2 years at a swine consulting practice and 9 years at Tosh Pork. Today Dr. Krantz oversees animal health, well being, and research at Tosh. He is married to his wife Sandra and is the father of 6 year old twins named Oliver and Iris.
What can you learn from this episode of Popular Pig?
- Dr. Seth Krantz’s background and role today.
- How big of a problem our Pre Wean Mortality (PWM) really is for producers, the supply chain, and the environment.
- The key drivers of PWM.
- PWM and its effects on employees.
- Where Tosh Pork stands in regards to PWM.
- How Dr. Krantz approaches PWM and pig cares.
- What is next for Tosh Pork.
- Dr. Seth Krantz’s “golden nugget”