Proper barn ventilation is a key factor in promoting swine health and productivity. AP, the swine equipment brand of AGCO, has developed a new ventilation video series with tips to help producers unlock better year-round performance.
The series, consisting of 14 brief videos, is narrated by Mark Oberreuter, AP senior technician and ventilation expert. Among the video topics are:
- Creating the ideal winter barn environment.
- How to know when your ceiling inlets are adjusted properly.
- Tips to avoid ventilation failures.
- Using ceiling inlets to create the best environment for your pigs.
- The three most common ventilation mistakes and how you can easily fix them.
- What to do in the event a controller stops working.
“Pigs depend on producers for a healthy environment, which in turn supports the success of their operation,” Oberreuter said. “That’s why AP is pleased to share this important ventilation information with all producers, regardless of their equipment brand.”
For additional swine production information, producers can contact their AP dealer or visit automatedproduction.com.