Seven Companies Selected for Annual Honor
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN) has announced seven companies as winners in its thirteenth annual “Supplier of the Year” awards program.
The awards were presented at a luncheon at Tyson Foods’ World Headquarters attended by Tyson Foods’ President and CEO Tom Hayes and Senior Vice President of Procurement Melanie Russell.
Winners of the 2017 Supplier of the Year award include:
- Hantover, of Kansas City, MO, supplier of MRO distribution
- Hugg & Hall Equipment Company, of Springdale, AR, supplier of location services
- Bunzl Processor Division, of Riverside, MO, supplier of OEM and Aftermarket
- Archer Daniels Midland, of Decatur, IL, supplier of ingredients
- Cargill Kitchen Solutions, of Monticello, MN, supplier of specialty ingredients
Additionally, several companies were honored for their excellence in specific areas:
- Packaging Specialties, Inc., of Fayetteville, AR, as “Diversity Supplier of the Year.”
- Symrise, Inc., of Teterboro, NJ, as “Innovator of the Year.”
The recognitions were based on supply-chain performance, total cost of ownership, pricing programs, customer-service performance, innovation, sustainability initiatives, and other performance metrics observed throughout the year.
“Our suppliers are integral to the delivery of our Customer Promise – our belief that when our customers win, we win,” said Tom Schaeffer, senior director, procurement for Tyson Foods. “The suppliers recognized this year clearly reflect this same belief – developing deep, collaborative partnerships focused first on providing value, service and innovative solutions that help Tyson Foods win for and with our customers.”
About Tyson Foods
Tyson Foods Inc. (NYSE: TSN) is one of the world’s largest food companies and a recognized leader in protein. Founded in 1935 by John W. Tyson and grown under three generations of family leadership, the company has a broad portfolio of products and brands like Tyson®, Jimmy Dean®, Hillshire Farm®, Ball Park®, Wright®, Aidells®, ibp® and State Fair®. Tyson Foods innovates continually to make protein more sustainable, tailor food for everywhere it’s available and raise the world’s expectations for how much good food can do. Headquartered in Springdale, Arkansas, the company has 122,000 team members. Through its Core Values, Tyson Foods strives to operate with integrity, create value for its shareholders, customers, communities and team members and serve as a steward of the animals, land and environment entrusted to it. Visit www.tysonfoods.com.