COFCO, a large state-owned enterprise Headquartered , was ranked 122 out of top 500 companies in the world by the American Fortune magazine in 2017.
- Annual operating revenue reached $ 69.7 billion yuan ( $10 billion US)
- Total profit for 2017 – $ 1.7 billion yuan ($245 million US)
- Total assets $ 77.8 billion yuan. ($11 billion US)
- The total sow inventory was 180,000
COFCO Meat is one of 19 specialized company platforms in COFCO Group. COFCO Meat owns hog farms, two slaughtering plants and two meat processing plants strategically located across China.
COFCO Meats has developed two core meat brands, Joycome (fresh pork) and Maverick (processed meats).
COFCO Meat carries out a vertically integrated value chain and strict procedures for supervisory control policy in their production system.
In the last couple of years COFCO Meat had invested heavily into developing the swine production base:
- Pork production covers 6 different provinces.
- Total market hog production capacity reached 4 million heads in 2018
- Plans for expansion up to 10 million by 2020