Feedpail.com modernizes ingredient trading for bulk feed ingredients
Feedpail.com is a unique Agriculture business to help modernize the process of price discovery and ingredient marketing. This new tool places price discovery and product availability at Producers fingertips. Users can buy and sell more than 50 bulk feed ingredients, including fats and oils, animal proteins, grain byproducts and minerals.
Ryan Cooney the founder of Feedpail.com finds his site simplifies a complex feed ingredient buying and selling system and opens up additional opportunities for both buyers and sellers.
“Agriculture has developed and implemented so many technologies, but when it comes to ingredient buying, there is a real technology gap,” said Ryan Cooney, developer of Feedpail.com, a new website he said was designed to bridge that technological gap. “There are $200 million of bulk feed ingredients traded each week, and most of it is being traded the way it was 20 years ago: over the telephone.” Cooney likened Feedpail.com to websites specializing in travel, noting that just a few years ago, travelers booked flights, hotels and rental cars by making phone calls to several different providers to check prices and availability.
Feedpail connects buyers and sellers of bulk feed ingredients.
1. Sellers post tons for sale and buyers can buy them or bid on them.
2. Sellers can accept, reject or counter-offer any bid.
3. All trading is anonymous until a sale is made, then buyer and seller information is shared.
4. All sales are subject to both parties’ terms, conditions and policies.
5. When posting tons seller can choose to deliver all loads, offer delivery or set terms as pick-up only. When seller does not want to deliver any loads Feedpail will offer delivery services or the buyer can arrange their own freight.
6. All tons are posted for sale without freight in the price, and any freight costs are in addition to the sale price.
7. Tons can be sold for a flat price or a basis contract on tons can be sold. When basis is sold buyer and seller need to establish when to flat price the tons.
8. Feedpail is a free service for buyers and sellers to use. Feedpail generates revenue by offering logistics services when the seller doesn’t offer delivery.
9. All sales data is kept strictly confidential.
Click on an ingredient below to see all the ingredients that are listed on feedpail.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!