CIRCOVAC® Porcine Circovirus Vaccine, Type 2, Killed Virus
Porcine Circovirus Vaccine, Type 2, Killed Virus
PCV2 is the Porcine Circovirus Type 2. PCV2 is one of the smallest viruses found in mammals, now recognized as the necessary causative agent of Post Weaning Multisystem Wasting Syndrome (PMWS) and is involved in several other PCV2 associated diseases. Circovirus is a real threat for all pigs on a farm because:
- It is a highly resistant virus associated with numerous clinical signs
- Significantly increases mortality rates for pigs at all ages
- Impairs growth and homogeneity
- Results in high economic losses
There are many symptoms or clinical signs of PCV2; they include:
- Wasting, enlarged lymph nodes
- Respiratory disorders as in Porcine Respiratory Disease Complex (PRDC)
- Diarrhea/Digestive pathologies
However, in some cases, can only cause:
- Slower growth
- Increased feed gain
- More heterogeneity
CIRCOVAC® is the only PCV2 vaccine which provides total herd protection through the sow to maximize profitability.
CIRCOVAC® vaccine is indicated for the passive immunisation of piglets via the colostrum following vaccination of sows and gilts and as an aid in the control of PCV2 infection. Efficacy of the vaccine was evaluated by challenging piglets at up to 5 weeks of age. For optimal results, vaccination should be part of a comprehensive health management program.
50ml – 1 x 25ds
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!