Today the U.S. Food and Drug Administration finalized Guidance #213 establishing the procedures for voluntarily phasing out growth promotion indications for medically important antibiotics in alignment with Guidance #209 and published proposed changes to the Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD)...Read full story
Long before Breaking ground, the environmental impact of Plumrose’s new production facility in Council Bluffs was well thought through, and this has resulted in very low energy consumption and a very prestigious prize. Plumrose USA´s new facility in Council...Read full story
Farmscape for December 10, 2013 Full Interview 13:30 Listen The vice president science and technology with the National Pork Board says the focus of the research effort aimed at controlling Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea is shifting to containment and eventual...Read full story
Bob Evans Farms Inc. said second-quarter income fell due to higher-than-expected sow prices and costs for plant expansions and its ongoing restaurant remodeling project. Net earnings were $6.1 million, or 23 cents a share, in the period ended Oct....Read full story
The National Pork Board has launched a three-week social media effort targeting Hispanic consumers. The Des Moines, Iowa-based organization says its “21 Dias de Tradiciones Navidenas” (21 Days of Christmas Traditions) will celebrate 21 Latin American countries and promote...Read full story
Canadian livestock producers now have access to an innovative nutritional supplement designed to enhance feed performance through the unique slow release of zinc oxide. Canadian Bio-Systems Inc. (CBS Inc.) received final registration approval for BioZinc 20X, for use with...Read full story
Pharmgate LLC of Ramsey, New Jersey proudly announces the approval of its flagship product, Deracin® 22% Granular Premix containing 22% chlortetracycline, by the Veterinary Drugs Directorate of Health Canada. As the majority owned US subsidiary of Jinhe Biotechnology, the...Read full story
A panel of farm animal care specialists created by the Center for Food Integrity condemned the behavior of workers caught abusing pigs in an undercover video from a hog farm in Oklahoma, calling it egregious and “deeply disturbing.” The...Read full story
Tyson Foods announced it has terminated immediately its contract with an Oklahoma farm whose employees were caught on videotape abusing pigs. The video was captured secretly and published today by Mercy for Animals at West Coast Farms in Okfuskee...Read full story
- Use of Social Media in Swine Production Increases
- A comprehensive approach to animal welfare science
- USDA raises red meat, poultry output forecasts
- EU approves new labeling system for pork, poultry
Protein sources of animal origin provide highly digestible protein in diets for weanling pigs....
- Farrowing room production protocols that can impact your bottom line: Part 2
- Informed Caregivers Can Help Reduce Pre-weaning Mortality Rates
- Humidity control strategies for winter conditions
- Signature-Tagged Mutagenesis to Identify Virulence Genes in Salmonella choleraesuis
Today the U.S. Food and Drug Administration finalized Guidance #213 establishing the procedures for...
- Managing Mycotoxins Differently
- Canadian Bio-Systems Secures Exclusive Distribution Of BioZinc 20x
- Validating Net Energy of Wheat DDGS
- Boost Feed Intake For Challenged Piglets With Less Animal Proteins
By Jim Long, President and CEO Genesus Genetics This past week the spread of...
- Jim Long Pork Commentary ,US Pork Cut-outs Remain Strong, December 2nd 2013
- Jim Long Pork Commentary, Snapshot US Industry, November 25th 2013
- Jim Long Pork Commentary, Early Weaned Pigs Reach $82, November 18th 2013
- Jim Long Pork Commentary, Corn Hits Life of Contract Lows, November 11th 2013
Dr. Carissa Odland The undercover video made at one of Pipestone System’s sow...
- Novartis May Be Selling Its Animal Health Unit
- Tools to Improve Ease of Data Submission Expected to Increase Participation by Veterinarians in CSHIN
- Oral-Pro Fever and Inflammation Relief
- Pharmgate receives regulatory approval for chlortetracycline Deracin® 22% Granular, in Canada.