Oscar Mayer’s Institute For the Advancement of Bacon has announced a new way to wake up: with the smell of bacon, wafting from an iPhone. The scent wafts from a device that plugs into an iPhone’s headphone jack, used...Read full story
Farmscape for March 5, 2014 Full Interview 5:13 Listen A nutritionist with the Prairie Swine Centre reports the strategies used when feeding gestating sows in group housing situations can play significant role in reducing levels of aggression. With most...Read full story
A new federal program aims to standardize inspection procedures for pet food and farm animal feed produced in the United States, making them safer, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said on Friday. The Animal Feed Regulatory Program Standards...Read full story
Company announces applied research funding and PED News service for vets In an effort to help swine veterinarians and producers find effective measures for managing porcine epidemic diarrhea (PED), Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. (BIVI), is launching two PED-focused initiatives....Read full story
The Chinese meat-processing arm of WH Group Ltd. posted a 33.7-percent increased in net income in fiscal 2013, setting the stage for a successful public offering for the owner of Smithfield Foods Inc., according to a report from Reuters....Read full story
Deal Provides Elanco with a Leading Poultry Vaccine Portfolio and Manufacturing Capabilities GREENFIELD, Ind. (Feb. 24, 2014) — Elanco, the animal health division of Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE:LLY), today announced an agreement to acquire Lohmann SE (Lohmann Animal...Read full story
Farmscape for February 24, 2014 Dr. Doug Mac Dougald Statement 9:16 Listen The chair of the Ontario Swine Health Advisory Board says swine health officials are focussing on rapid detection and containing the spread as they work to address...Read full story
Enjoy part thrree of a series of company and product reviews from the 2014 Iowa Pork Congress. Written by Laura Fernandez, a Swineweb.com Contributor email@example.com New Feed Adjuster by Farmweld Are your pigs wasting expensive feed? A new shelf...Read full story
The statement below was issued from Grand Valley Fortifiers On February 9th Grand Valley Fortifiers issued a recall and a promise to fully refund our pelleted nursery feeds that contained blood plasma ingredients. This difficult decision was made because...Read full story
U.S. pig farmers find optimism even though concerns over hog health and disease rank...
- Faúndez Named Latin America Sales Representative for Osborne Industries
- U.S. continues to pressure Taiwan on ractopamine levels in pork
- USDA ready to enforce animal disease traceability regulations
- NFACC Rleases Updated Pig Code of Practice
- Evaluation of Pilot™ On Performance Of Sows And Their Weaned Pigs
- Gases and Odors From Swine Wastes
- Unlock New Areas of Profitability
- Genesus Global Technical Report, Improving Days to Market
Farmscape for March 5, 2014 Full Interview 5:13 Listen A nutritionist with the Prairie...
- Federal program aims to make Livestock feed safer
- Tests raise doubt about feed as source of PEDv
- AFIA Supports New AMS/FDA Animal Feed Export Certification Program
- Snapshot of Valuable Resources from Iowa Pork Congress, Feeds Switches that are Guaranteed to Last 5+ Years09
By Jim Long, President and CEO Genesus Genetics Lean hog prices are blasting higher. ...
- Jim Long Pork Commentary, Lean Hog Futures and Cash Move Higher, February 24th 2014
- Jim Long Pork Commentary, Hog Market Strengthens, February 8th 2014
- Jim Long Pork Commentary, Manitoba Swine Seminar, February 10th 2014
- Jim Long Pork Commentary, May-December Lean Hog Futures Reach New Contract Highs, February 3rd 2014
Company announces applied research funding and PED News service for vets In an effort...
- Elanco Announces Agreement to Acquire Lohmann Animal Health
- Ontario Swine Health Officials Focus on Limiting Spread of PED Until Warmer Weather
- Swine Show Biosecurity Recommendations
- Grand Valley Fortifiers voluntary recall supported by new evidence from CFIA